5 Places to Shop When You Visit Singapore
There are many attractions in Singapore. I strongly urge you to include Singapore as one of the possible holiday destinations. Other than its cleanliness and tasty food, Singapore is also a shopper’s paradise. There are many shopping hot spots here and if you love shopping, I am sure you will not be disappointed.
If you intend to come to Singapore, try to come between May to June. This is because there is a nation-wide sale going on during this period. This nation-wide sale is known as the Great Singapore Sale (GSS). During GSS, most boutiques and shopping malls offer up to 75% discounts on their goods. How can you miss this out?
Now, let me share with you 5 places to shop when you visit Singapore:
1. Vivo City. Vivo City is located at Habour Front and it is one of the largest shopping malls in Singapore. There are many boutiques and restaurants there and I am sure that you will enjoy a great shopping experience in Vivo City. It is also very near Sentosa, an offshore island famous for its beaches and sight-seeing. You can take a cable car ride from Vivo and you will reach in less than 10 minutes time.
2. Orchard Road. I believe you have heard about Orchard Road before right? Orchard Road is the most famous shopping destination in Singapore. Along Orchard, you can find many well-known shopping malls such as Takashimaya, Tangs, HMV, & more.
3. Chinatown. Chinatown is an always-busy street with lots of old-school shopping centers and street stores. Although Chinatown is quite old-school, you can still buy lots of good stuffs there. When you are shopping at Chinatown, remember not to take the first offer. Always try to negotiate with the sellers for a better price.
4. Centre Point. Centre Point is located along Orchard Road and it is another very popular shopping center. You can find all kinds of goods there, from branded wears to electronics. If you are tired after a day of shopping, you can visit their restaurants for a good dinner.
5. Bugis Street. If you are into street wear, you must visit Bugis Street. Bugis Street is famous for its trendy and young street wear. There are a lot of stores so take your time to visit every store.
Hope to see you around in Singapore. Remember: try to come during May to June so that you will not miss the GSS.