Shopping in Singapore – 5 Shopping Destinations to Visit in Singapore
Singapore is a very popular holiday destination. It is a clean country located in South East Asia, just south of Malaysia. Tourists who came here usually say that it is a safe and fine city. In Singapore, there are many well-known shopping destinations you can visit. If you are planning to visit Singapore, you should do it between May to June. This is because during this period, most boutiques and major shopping centers will offer up to 75% discounts for their goods because of Great Singapore Sale (GSS).
GSS is what every shopaholic loves. During this period, you can find unbelievable deals around Singapore. You can get discounts on goods from major brands like Polo Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Burberry, Guess and more. In this article, let me share with you 5 shopping destinations in Singapore you must visit during GSS:
1. Orchard Road. This is the most popular shopping destination in Singapore. Along Orchard Road, you can find many major shopping centers such as Tangs, Takashimaya, Wisma and more. At Orchard Road, you can find almost everything you can think of, from electronics to the latest fashion.
2. Sim Lim Square. If you are into electronics, you must visit Sim Lim Square. Sim Lim Square is well-known as the electronic hub and you can find great discounts on goods during GSS. Almost all Singaporeans visit Sim Lim Square to buy a computer or laptop because they offer lots of choices for us to choose from.
3. Vivo City. Vivo City is the largest shopping center in Singapore and it is built not long ago. If you wish to visit every shop in Vivo City, it will at least take you half a day to do it. Vivo City is located at Habour Front which is very near Sentosa. (Sentosa is an off-shore island of Singapore which is famous for sun tanning, sight-seeing and beach volleyball)
4. Bugis Street. Bugis Street is famous for its street wear fashion. If you are into street wear, this is a place you absolutely must visit. When you buy goods at Bugis Street, don’t take the first offer. Always negotiate with the seller to get a better price.
5. Plaza Singapura (PS). PS is another famous shopping centre which is located just further down Orchard Road. There are many shops there and it is famous for its Cineplex.
Hope that you have enjoyed reading this article and now have a better understanding on where to shop when you are in Singapore. Have a safe trip!